Thursday, 6 September 2007

Week one Over!

A whole week gone already. Well I think i did well, occassionally i nibbled while feeding my daughter but nothing that can be considered to have interferred with my diet, so i kept to it full force. I have been off work for 4 day and then i got ready the night before i was to return to work, you know... getting ready what to wear- a prince of wales wool/linen trouser and a black crushed top.
Woke up and iron the trouser...guess what! it almost dropped off my bum! I had to use my elasticated vest to hold it to my waist. I felt the breeze around my thighs due to the free space now available. Must have lost 3-4lbs by now, i will get myself weighed on Friday.
well i have to retire the trouser now and find the time to make something fitting for myself that will fit even as i loose weight...bingo! stretch/jersey fabrics. I have tonnes of them in boxes - some already in naija.
i think i will stick to black jersey skirt and various tops, i dont want to start making different clothes as weight reduces, that will be whole lot of waste of my stash and time pattern drafting, cutting and sewing. At least i will wait till the end of my third week to see what my size is like.
___________________________________________________________________
I have been drinking my water as prescribed...men ! 4 litres is not easy to gulp down no matter how you space it out throughout the day. So far, its 6:24pm now and i have only managed to drink 2 litres of water and have only been to the ladies ....like a gagillion times already, so much i am sure the guys at work think...one even said 'your not pregnant again now, are yah?!!
That aside i have now broken down my weight goals into manageable and achievable stages. Its more realistic to set a weekly goal weight loss of 3-4lbs than the average 7lbs i have been reading in the lighter life magazines and the various online sites. I know for sure that i am losing something anyway, because i even added dog walking and my body itched like i was about to' ya were' - naija for 'going loco maniac'. That is the outcome of sedentary lifestyle. I guess the blood was flowing every where due to constant movement. We walked so teh! even the dog refused to move till we rested for a few minutes.
The moment we got home she ran to her bowl and started lapping water and was quiet throughout the rest of the day. So all in all, my week one was pretty good!

No comments: